Greetings, intrepid author! Congratulations on finally having a real manuscript! Of course, because it’s a work in progress, it has some issues that need to be addressed… and that’s where my work begins! Hi, I’m your editor!
Specifically, copyediting and developmental editing. Those are broad terms but it basically means proofreading and making sure your story makes sense.
I’m willing to take on most projects, but you’re more likely to get better work from me if your work falls under one of these things:
Things I’ll do:
- Fiction: Science fiction, space opera, fantasy, steampunk, cyberpunk, dystopia, post-apocalypse, tragicomedy, metafiction, magic, pirates, conspiracy theories, ergodic literature, epistolary literature, historical fiction, alternate history, videogames, interactive fiction, or any good story!
- Non-fiction: Computer Science, physics, history, satire, psychology and mental health, language and linguistics, Classism, Post-Colonialism, and similar related topics!
- Research, particularly in the Non-fiction topics above.
Things I won’t do:
- I don’t edit in Arabic because my English is better.
- I don’t do school assignments or essays.
- I retain the right to reject your manuscript if I find it inappropriate.
So how does this work?
Glad you asked, author! I’ve learned that, instead of editing the manuscript directly, it’s more useful to send you a list of everything that needs to be done. This includes grammar, syntax, semantics, style, consistency, and other developmental issues that need to be addressed or changed.
It’s also easier to keep track of for compensation purposes!
Which is what, by the way?
Per manuscript, a flat fee of 10 fils (US 0.03) per word as counted by Microsoft Word, or a program or website we agree upon. I add to that a percentage of the base amount depending on how much work your manuscript needed.
But I’m special!
Aren’t we all? If you’re not sure about above-mentioned items or have something I didn’t cover, please let me know!